At kulshan meeting today, Leo suggested that it would be very helpful for students as well as the consultant staff if there was a way to view which windows updates a student was missing according to the security detector on one of the registration pages. That way, we could enable students to be proactive and solve their own problems, as well as make it easier for consultants to troubleshoot while on room visits.
Since I forgot that the bus schedule changes a after 6:00, I found myself with an extra 45 minutes to burn, so I went and implemented it. When requested it will spit out a list of microsoft kb numbers that correspond to the missing updates and link into the microsoft search.
I still need to do more testing before making it live, but I think it's functionally complete.